- Safety instructions and emergency procedures.
- Aims and main learning objectives.
- On-going assessment according to GWO control Measures.
- Global legislation.
- Regional legislation.
- First Aid guidelines ERC - AHA.
- Risk and hazards.
- Life conditions for the human body.
- Structure, functions and signs - the human body.
- Serious and minor injuries - signs, symptoms and function.
- Serious and minor illeness - signs, symptoms and function.
- Use of anatomy and First Aid in emergency situations.
- Understanding of personal hygiene.
Management of an incident
- Management of an incident.
- Safety awareness in an emergency situation.
- Primary and secondary incidents.
- Emergency Rescue Teams.
Lifesaving First Aid, Primary Survey
- Primary Survey ABC.
- Unresponsive and not breathing.
- CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation).
- Obstruction of airways.
- Bleeding - externally and internally.
AED (Automatic External Defibrillator)
- Theory and technical specification.
- AED safety procedures.
- Correct use of an AED.
Ordinary First Aid
- Managing minor incidents.
- Minor to serious incidents.
- Psychological First Aid.
Scenario - based training
- Primary scenarios.
- Secondary scenarios.