- Safety instructions and emergency procedures.
- Aims and main learning objectives.
- On-going assesment according to GWO, control measures.
- Global legislation.
- National legislation.
- First Aid guidelines ERC - AHA.
- Risk and hazards.
- Life conditions for the human body.
- Structure, functions and signs.
- Use of anatomy and First Aid in emergency situations.
- Understanding of personal hygiene.
Lifesaving First Aid, ABC Primary Survey
- Primary Survey ABC.
- Unresponsive and not breathing.
- CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation).
- Obstruction of airways.
- Bleeding - externally and internally.
Themes (Choose one of the following 5 themes for instruction)
- Psychological effects of first aid.
- Sudden sickness and environmental factors.
- Types of trauma.
- Incident management and situational awareness.
- Complex incidents with several (2-5) casualties.
Scenario - based training
- Practise first aid techniques.