- Safety instructions and emergency procedures.
- Aims and main learning objectives.
- On-going assesment.
- Knowledge of inspections of PFPE, rescue and evacuation
- Knowledge of PFPE.
- Knowledge of fall arrest system and work positioning.
- Knowledge of rescue and evacuation device.
Practical review exercises
- How to attach a guided type fall arrester.
- How to attach the fall arrest lanyard correctly to the lader system.
- How to use a work positioning lanyard in order to leave hands free for work.
- Knowledge of certified and suitable anchor points.
- Safe and correct use of self-retractable lifeline (SLR) for exercises.
- Safe practices when working at height.
- Use of a SLR for exercises.
- Safe and competent work and rescue at heights.
- Correct fitting of a harness.
- Attachement points.
- Anchor points.
- Load and angles.
- Double versus twin fall arrest lanyard.
- Rescue kit.
Practical exercises - group
- Safe ad correct use of personal fall protection equipment.
- Accesing suitable anchor points.
- User inspections of the rescue and evacuation equipment.
- Safe and correct use of rescue/evacuation equipment from ladder.
- Safe and correct rescue and evacuation methods from an evacuation hatch.
- Safe practices while working at heights.